We are ECO!
Nowe Czyżyny focuses on ECO! In our shopping center, we care about the environment and the fate of the planet.
- We have a “green” BREEAM In-Use certificate awarded to the most ecological shopping centers in Poland.
- As part of the Environmental Protection Policy, we have introduced rules and procedures aimed at greater care for the environment. We take care to reduce the consumption of water and electricity, reduce CO2 emissions, promote collective or minimally invasive means of transport and use environmentally safe materials in the facility.
- We use new technologies, e.g. energy-saving and ecological LED lighting.
- Together with our stores, we conduct rational waste management, we care for waste segregation, we reduce the amount of waste produced and we recycle waste.
- As part of our proprietary environmental education program “Eco Smart”, we motivate customers to be environmentally friendly and advise them on how to be eco every day.
- We engage in eco-initiatives, regularly cooperate with national and local organizations and institutions, together with whom we educate, how to minimize our negative impact on the natural environment, get rid of troublesome electrical waste, save oceans and help endangered species. We were visited by, among others WWF Poland Foundation, Greenpeace, Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Oczyszczania in Krakow and the Ark Ecological Foundation.
- We organize workshops and educational campaigns for children, adolescents and adults promoting pro-ecological attitudes.
- Through, among others In our bookcrossing library, we encourage Cracovians to practice less and zero waste.
- The surroundings of Nowe Czyżyny are decorated with plants that are friendly to birds and bees, but also support the reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere and the fight against urban smog.
… and we are planning a number of more eco-investments in Nowe Czyżyny!